Community-based health agencies that staff currently certified International Board Certified Lactation Consultants (IBCLCs) can apply online for the IBCLC Care Award! Newly recognised agencies will be added to the IBCLC Care Directory each year. The listing is valid for two (2) years and agencies must reapply before their expiration year to continue being listed in the directory.
2023 IBCLC Care Award applications are now closed.
Community-Based Agencies Include:
- Community Health Agencies
- Public Health Agencies/Departments
- Health Clinics
- Surestart Children’s Centers
- Community-based Breastfeeding Drop-In Centers
- Baby Cafes
- Lactation Clinics
- WIC Agencies
- Ministries of Health
- Community-based Health Providers
- Public and Private Physician Offices and Clinics
- Review the Community Application Checklist; you must have all checklist items ready prior to completing the application form.
- Complete the Community Application online by March 24, 2023; a $50 USD administrative fee will apply.
- View a sample application.
- IBLCE and ILCA will conduct a formal review in March – April 2023.
- Approved facilities will be notified in May 2023.
- Have one or more dedicated lactation consultant support positions with IBCLC as the required credential and a dedicated lactation program available at least 2 days a week.
- Provide a description of how the agency/program/clinic/office promotes, protects and supports breastfeeding.
- Provide documentation which includes a description of a project started in the last two years (between January 2021 and January 2023) that promotes, protects and supports breastfeeding and/or the IBCLC credential.
Recognition for Community-Based Facilities Includes:
- Inclusion in the IBCLC Care Award website available to new families and the general public.
- Letter of congratulations and certificate suitable for framing from IBLCE and ILCA.
- Press release provided to your facility for the local media of your choice.
- Recognition is valid for 2 years.
Do you have questions? Does your agency qualify for this award program? How and when can your agency apply? For more information:
- Download the FAQs document to answer common questions.
- Click here to fill out an easy online form to contact ILCA.
- Email ILCA at firstname.lastname@example.org.