Recognizing Hospital and Community-Based Health Agencies!
Hospital-Based Facilities and Community-Based Health Agencies that staff currently certified International Board Certified Lactation Consultants (IBCLCs) can apply online to become a recognized IBCLC Care Award facility and be included in the IBCLC Care Directory. Is your workplace Hospital-Based or Community-Based? Click here!
The listing is valid for two (2) years and facilities and agencies must reapply before their expiration year to continue being listed in the directory. There is a $50 administrative fee to apply for the IBCLC Care Award.
If your facility is not designated as a Baby-Friendly® Hospital, we strongly encourage you to implement the evidence-based “Ten Steps to Successful Breastfeeding” and begin the process toward Baby-Friendly recognition. The International Baby-Friendly® Hospital Initiative (BFHI) remains the most prestigious recognition that a hospital can attain, leading to dramatic improvements in successful breastfeeding outcomes. For more information about BFHI, visit the UNICEF website at www.unicef.org.
How Your Facility or Health Agency Benefits:
The IBCLC Care Award provides numerous benefits to your facility. This program is promoted to new families and the general public which means your facility can enjoy the benefits of positive public relations in your community, including:
- Enhanced attractiveness to potential patients
- Competitive edge in recruiting lactation consultants, nurses, midwives, mother support counselors and other medical staff
- General good will in the community by providing excellent care in helping new families reach their breastfeeding goals
Visit the IBCLC Care Directory to see which hospital-based facilities are already benefiting from the IBCLC Care Award program!
Hospital-Based or Community-Based?
In addition to continuing to recognize hospital-based facilities, the IBCLC Care Award began recognizing community-based health agencies as well, starting in 2013. So which one is your workplace?
- Birthing Centers
- Birthing Services
- Medical Centers
- Childbirth Societies
- Health Systems
Visit the Hospital-Based page.
- Community Health Agencies
- Public Health Agencies/Departments
- Health Clinics
- Surestart Children’s Centers
- Community based Breastfeeding Drop-In Centers
- Baby Cafes
- Lactation Clinics
- WIC Agencies
- Ministries of Health
- Community Based Health Providers
- Public and Private Physical Offices and Clinics
Visit the Community-Based page.
- Download the FAQs document to answer common questions.
- Click here to fill out an easy online form to contact us for more information.
- Email ILCA at firstname.lastname@example.org or IBLCE at email@example.com.
- For more information about BFHI, contact UNICEF at www.unicef.org.